Call for Scores or Scores: Wind Quintet
The Central Florida Composers Forum is looking for new works for wind quintet to present at the Timucua Arts Foundation white house 15 October 2017.
Works must meet the following requirements:
- Standard wind quintet: flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn
- Duration: under 15 minutes preferred (In the event that more proposals are submitted than can be programmed, please indicate whether individual movements may be performed independently.)
- Submitted works may have been previously performed.
Any current member (dues current) of the Central Florida Composers Forum is eligible to submit a proposal.
Deadline: 15 July
Submissions must be made to David MacDonald via email: email@example.com. In addition to score and parts (PDF format only), please include the following in the body of your email:
- brief description of the work (under 150 words)
- brief composer bio (under 150 words)
The final program will include around 60 minutes of music. In the event that the submitted works exceed 60 minutes, some composers may be asked to abridge their proposals, excerpt movements from existing works, and it is possible that some proposals may simply not fit on the program at all. We will also consider the technical limitations of what works can be adequately prepared based on the rehearsal schedule.
Composers whose works and proposals are selected will be notified as soon after the deadline as possible. Hard copies of the score and parts may be requested by the end of July 2017.
Please email David MacDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.